Dynamic and Static Testing
Use your ropes and nets with confidence by testing your systems in Barry's testing laboratory.
Are you searching for more information regarding the forces transferred onto your anchor points or the real safety factor of your system? Do you wonder what would happen if one of your system's components were to fail?
Whether you have a system of ropesor netting, the Barry testing team can supply the technical data you need in the design of your rope or net system. Whether you would like to recreate an accident scene or an incident wherein your ropes or netting are implicated, or need help designing a system, Barry can help you get the answers you need!
For more than 20 years, Barry has offered its clients a wide range of testing services. We are able to provide you with dynamic and static testing services on a variety of rope types, cables, and netting or fall protection systems. We are also able to simulate and recreate real situations for legal or prevention purposes.
We have access to complete testing facilities which include:
- Interior and exterior laboratories
- Dynamic test structure for ropes and nets
- Cranes of all capacities
- High speed video and photography reports. Our tests typically involve 2 to 8 cameras as required
- Test engineers and project managers with extensive experience in ropes and nets.
Industries wherein Barry has conducted testing:
- Hydro electricity and publicutilities
- Mining and forestry
- Gas and Petroleum
- Circus and entertainment
- Alpine Ski Racing
- Industrial health and safety
- Institutional and government health and safety
- Coroner and legal expertise
How to proceed?
Each testing project is unique and prepared according to your specific requirements. Contact us today so that we may assess your needs and submit a proposal.
Rope Systems and Utilities Rigging Equipment Link
- 5 Golden Rules for Rope and Netting Systems Design
- Technical Properties of Synthetic Fibres
- The Cordage Institute's International Guideline on the Safer Use of Fiber Rope (CI 1401)
Dyneema® is a trademark of DSM. Use of this trademark is prohibited unless strictly authorized.
SafeLine® is a trademark of BlueWater Ropes.
Spectra® is a registered trademark of Honeywell International Inc.
Stable Braid, Static Rope and Tech-12 are products of Samson Rope Technologies.
Technora® is a registered trademark of Teijin Ltd.
Vectran® is a registered trademark of Kuraray Co. Ltd.
Note: Barry offers expert advice and quality products to corporations and government entities. Orders are subject to minimum quantities.
Note: This information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice.
Note: Prices on the Barry website are subject to change without prior notice and must be confirmed by Barry prior to an acceptance of your order.