Basic Fall Prevention Principles Training: 1 day
At the end of the training session, participants will be able to adjust their CSA harness and to use a 1.2 m (4 foot) CSA strap, a self-retracting CSA lanyard and a vertical lifeline, as well as being able to conduct a prior inspection on the same equipment. They will also be able to identify fall risks in their work environment and will be able to protect themselves in accordance with applicable regulations and standards.
The Basic Fall Prevention Principles training session has the same objectives as the Safety Procedures training course but also includes hands-on training and life-like situations.
Note: Worker supervision by a competent person is mandatory when these techniques are put in use.
Level: Fall Protection Authorized Person
Number of participants: maximum of 12
Length: 1 day
Where: Barry Training Centre or on location
Theme 1 References
- An Act respecting occupational health and safety
- Regulation respecting occupational health and safety
- Safety Code for the construction industry
- CSA Z259 Standard
Theme 2 Fall Protection Principles and Methods
- Primary and alternate systems
- Means of access
- Elimination of risks at the source
Theme 3 Risk Analysis
- Identification of risks during the planning stage
- Identification of risks by users on the ground
- Evaluation of the height of falls
- Suspension, self-rescue and rescue trauma
Theme 4 Fall Protection Equipment
- Seven (7) critical elements
- Group protection
- Temporary and permanent anchor systems
- Harnesses, straps as well as retractable and vertical lifelines
- Hands-on training
Theme 5 Inspection and Maintenance
- Prior inspection
Customers who bought These Products Also Bought:
Note: Barry offers expert advice and quality products to corporations and government entities. Orders are subject to minimum quantities.
Note: This information is for reference only and is subject to change without prior notice.
Note: Prices on the Barry website are subject to change without prior notice and must be confirmed by Barry prior to an acceptance of your order.